11.03.2004

Insert Witty Title Here

Today was the absolute worst day of my life. Well, I think it was. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was the beginning of a new, free life for me. I have been spending the past few years trying to get rid of all my, pardon the cliche expression, "skeletons in the closet". I pretty much only had one really big one left, and let me reassure you, it was a monumental secret. But to make a very detailed story short, I ended up talking face to face with one of the people who abused me as a child. I say abused, but they themselves were very young as well. Sittting across the room from this person, and speaking to them about what happened was the most horrific, life changing, tormenting, but necessary things that has ever happened to me. I do wish it had been orchestrated in a different manor though, only because the way that it happened has truly caused more trauma than good at this point. But I have certainly weathered worse than this, and I see the good that will come from this temporary suffering.

2 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

TheShu said...

Again, Ann, you are in my prayers. I do not envy the pain you are going through but I pray that it helps you grow and become the person you were meant to be in the long run.

Always remember what Lord Byron said. "The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain."

Billy Jones said...

Just remember you're not alone. Some estimates state that possibly as many as 58% of women have been abused, most as children. There are people you can talk to and people who've been through the very same thing you've been through. Don't be afraid to talk with them, and remember: The next man who comes into your life is NOT the man who hurt you before, so don't treat him as such 'lest you'll have to go through all of the pain again.

Post a Comment