5.18.2005

Surgery it shall be...

I'm having a little bit of a surprise back surgery on Thursday afternoon. My family doc sent me straight over to this neurosurgeon this morning, which was kind of nice because I don't think I could have lasted until June. Then the nuerosurgeon said we needed to get it done soon, and made the appointment for Thursday. The good news is that I should wake up without the pain in my back and leg, and I will be able to move my foot better. I only have be off my feet for about 2 weeks or so, and then rehab for a month. I'm just going to have to figure out what to do with the kids if C.D decides not to help me out. My mom is going to start to be out of town a lot again for my grandfather, and the 700 dollars a month won't really help me with paying someone to help me out during that time. I was really planning on moving too, but to me this is His was of saying it isn't the right time. (As much as I want us to have a place of my own, and get on with our lives already.) My home visit is tomorrow, and I'm hoping its not such a big deal as I have read it to be. I know I sound like a broken record, but you just don't know how much I can't wait for this to be over with.

4 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

mbondur12 said...

I wish you well. Doesn't sound like much fun, but hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

As for the other stuff, all you can do is your best and hope it turns out what is best for the kids.

Mike

Chewie said...

Hoping everything went well and your recovery will go quickly.

Red said...

I hope it all turns out well and you heal quickly. Did you go to the meet-up? I had to work, month end numbers and all...

That Girl said...

Indeed I am alive. Pain pills, bed rest, and all. This sucks, let me tell you.

Post a Comment