7.11.2005

I CAN'T SLEEP. I just can't. In fact, I have been running on about 4 hours of sleep each night for a long time now. I don't do much but mess around on the computer, or clean, or get ready for tomorrow with the kids when I can't sleep. I've been thinking, (worrying), about getting some of my furniture/things out of the house, and I also am trying to get into a place for certain. I'm almost ready to throw up my hands and take anything at this point. Its a little bit frustrating to tell you the truth. My parents went to Wilmington for the weekend to look at some condo, and my brother moved back to Atlanta on Friday. So its been kind of a lonely weekend where I've been thinking too much about it all. I'm not sure about this whole custody evaluation thing. I feel like we should have gotten a final answer by now, but maybe I'm wrong. Its scary not talking to anyone though, and not knowing anything. I wonder what's going to happen? I worry too much don't I? Ha.

I want to start some kind of women's blogging group here. There are so many different, talented, intelligent women in this area that blog. I really think we'd have a good time together. Anyone want to second that? Anyone interested? SouthernRants, if you read this-what do you think about the idea? And Chewie, what about you? I think it could be a great little community that we need to tap into. Lots of awesome women here to inspire some greatness. We could meet the day after or before the MeetUp group. Just a thought. Hope some of you are interested. I'll even volunteer to start a MeetUp group just for us, and do the emails too. Anything to get us together. Goodnight everyone.

4 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea.

I've been wondering about you. I hope you're doing okay. I know you're under a lot of stress, but there are a lot of people pulling for you.

I've never met you, but I know what it's like when the "happily ever after" part doesn't come true.

Hang in there. My motto, borrowed from Friedrich Nietzsche was "That which does not destroy me, makes me stronger". I don't know anything about Nietzsche but I believe in that philosophy.

Hang in there.

mbondur12 said...

I agree with secret. The women's blogging group sounds like a pretty good idea if it is done right.

I also know what it is like to live with stress and not have the happily ever after part come true (I am about to write about that in my blog).

There are a lot of people pulling for you, and we all want what is best for your children, whatever that may be.

Chewie said...

I'm in. We'll have to be highly secretive about meeting times and places, lest we be set upon by GATEcrashers...

I think unhealthy food and froofroo cocktails should be involved, also.

My, won't the boys' ears be burning!

Anonymous said...

Rhodiola Rosea is the latest natural remedy to join the arsenal of natural anxiety and stress (coping with stress) reducers.

Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Golden Root, is a native plant of arctic Siberia. For centuries it has been used by eastern European and Asian cultures for physical endurance, work productivity, longevity, resistance to high altitude sickness, and to treat fatigue, depression, anemia, impotence, gastrointestinal ailments, infections, and nervous system disorders.

The first recorded medicinal applications of rodia riza (renamed Rhodiola Rosea) was made by the Greek physician, Dioscorides, in 77 C.E. in 'De Materia Medica'. Rhodiola Rosea has been included in official Russian medicine since 1969.

Despite its long history, the Western world has only recently become aware of the health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. It has come to the attention of many natural health practitioners because of studies which tested its affects on combating anxiety and stress.

Rhodiola Rosea is considered an adaptogen. This means it has an overall stabilizing effect on the body without disrupting other functions. Its ability to normalize hormones may be effective for treating depression and anxiety.

Studies of Rhodiola Rosea show that it stimulates neurotransmitters and enhances their effects on the brain. This includes the ability for the brain to process serotonin which helps the body to adapt to stress.

Since adaptogens improve the body's overall ability to handle stress, it has been studied to identify it's effects on biological, chemical and physical stress.

A study was performed to test the effects of Rhodiola Rosea when stress or coping with stress is caused by intense mental work (such as final exams). Such tests concluded that using Rhodiola Rosea improved the amount and quality of work, increasing mental clarity and reducing the effects of fatigue.

The effects of Rhodiola Rosea have also been tested on stress and anxiety from both physical and emotional sources. A report by the American Botanical Council states that "Most users find that it improves their mood, energy level, and mental clarity." They also report on a study that indicated Rhodiola Rosea could increase stress tolerance while at the same time protecting the brain and heart from the physical affects of stress.

This report included details of studies which highlight the overall health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea.

The generally recommended dose is 200-600mg/day. The active properties should be a minimum 0.8 percent salidroside and 3 percent rosavin.

It is important for consumers to know that Rhodiola may be sold using other species that do not share the properties of Rhodiola Rosea, coping with stress, or at ineffective strengths for treatment. Anyone with depression or anxiety should also check with a health professional when treating these symptoms.

coping with stress

Post a Comment