8.04.2005

Fear

One of my biggest fears is failing. Failing my kids, my parents, myself, and my friends. I'm so afraid of failing sometimes that I don't ever try to do the things I want to do. Fear seems to rule my life a lot of the time, and I hate it. What is the best way to conquer those kinds of thoughts? Give me some real life examples and advice...anyone?

5 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

Darkmoon said...

I've been through some stuff, totally different from you, but definitely there was fear and depression. The whole world seemed to come down on me.

I was lucky enough to have special people supporting me, but I have to say that in the end, it was all up to myself. You have to make peace with what you're going through.

I've made my peace, with God's help, but for everyone it's different. There are certain things that aren't behind me yet, but one day they will be. Just be strong, know your friends are around you and make your peace.

Time heals, but only if you've taken care of putting your issues behind you.

That Girl said...

Thank you for your honesty. I hope you know that you are, indeed, my friend. ~A

Darkmoon said...

If you need anything, you know how to find me.

Anonymous said...

"I'm so afraid of failing sometimes that I don't ever try to do the things I want to do."

You could be describing me.

You're also describing a perfectionist. Perfectionists are also notorious procrastinators.

I've learned to go outside my "comfort zone". It's not easy, but you just have to go for it.

I wish you strength.

Roch101 said...

This may not be very comforting, but the more I failed, the less afraid I became of failure. Failure does have its upside.

Post a Comment