1.26.2005

Welcome Mike: Greensboro Poet at Large

This is a poem from a guy I just met named Mike. He is so very passionate about his work, and needs some support from the writing community. Here is one of his poems I promised to post for him:

My Thirst
My thirst runs deep,
but it's not for water, wine or juice.
I thirst to fill this empty side, replace my rib with you.
I thirst to have, to hold, and to cherish,
I thirst for a best friend.
I thirst to take you out to eat, take a walk with you, hand to hand.
I thirst to comfort you when your sad, make you smile, when you feel down.
I thirst to hold you when your lonely, take a trip you pick the town.
I thirst to give you what you need, surprise you with things you want.
I thirst to listen when you speak, understand you when most don't.
I thirst to take away all your pain, with help from heaven above.
And pray for strength to quench this thirst I have inside for love.

3 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

mbondur12 said...

Here is your other buddy Mike with an attempt at poetry (I guess the other Mike inspired me finally!). Anyway, here it is.

http://borw2.blogspot.com/2005/01/attempt-at-poetry.html

Billy Jones said...

Be careful around them poets...

That Girl said...

Haha, very funny Billy =)

I need to post a link to this guys website too. I promise to get to it soon...

Post a Comment