2.09.2005

Sunday was a horrible day for me. I wasn't going to blog about this, but I can't sleep even more than I already don't, so maybe this will help. I went to pick up Rosie to spend some alone time with her on Sunday, and I walked in on a horrible thing. Barrett, who according to Dan had been in bed for 3 HOURS, was covered from head to toe in dried feces. God only knows how long he had REALLY been locked in that crib! He had no pants on, and no diaper. He was silently rocking, and didn't even acknowledge my presence when I was standing right in front of him. He just kept rocking, and staring straight ahead. I know I made this horrible sound when I realized what was going on, and Dan came running in, snatched him up, and threw him in the bathtub. He then started screaming at me to take my daughter and leave, to get out of the house. So I did. Instead of being able to help my little boy, I had to leave. I keep getting told there is nothing I can do about this kind of stuff until we do this custody evaluation. But there are 6 VISITS EACH to one of those, AND a home visit! That could take MONTHS! God only knows what could happen to those kids in that amount of time. Its already been too long. Just pray for my children, and for their safety.

4 Comments...not Spam-ments.:

mbondur12 said...

Ann, you need to get the law (police), social service, somebody with some major juice involved in this, now! What you describe is nothing more or less than child abuse.

I will assume that what you say is completely true (I have no reason not to believe it, but I also have no proof that it is true), so with that in mind, I beg you to call either GPD or the sheriff's department and/or social services and ask to talk to the folks who deal with such things.

As for your leaving, I sort of understand why you did, but if it had been me, I would have stayed and DARED him to call the police.

Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself. There is not a law in the land that says the kids have to live in these conditions. If this is truly happening, you need to contact someone NOW before something more serious occurs.

That Girl said...

What I want everyone to know is that I did call DSS Sunday, and they said they couldn't help me yet. You also should know that I had to leave that day because I am being sued for abandonment, which he filed within days after I "left" WITH the kids. He would have called the police on me if I didn't do what he wanted me to. He's called the police on me for less. (Like the night I wanted to keep Rosie overnight, and our TCA says he has the 3 kids from 6pm to 7:30am.)

mbondur12 said...

It took a bunch of guts to pack up your kids and move out, no doubt.

Remember though that you have got to continue to fight for your kids and to not accept the "we can't do anything" static you seem to be getting from DSS or whoever.

Did you happen to take me up on my suggestion?

Post a Comment